James Dear has over 12 years’ experience in traffic engineering and transport planning and is a Director at onemilegrid.
Over the course of his career, James has led projects of varying size and complexity, ranging in scale from townhouses to hospitals and windfarms. James’ expertise lies in growth-area network planning, having delivered structure plans and precinct plans across Victoria. He also has a wealth of experience in local area traffic planning.
James has a background in both business and engineering, allowing him the unique standpoint of presenting balanced views on the economic impact and practical benefits of solutions during the pre-and-post planning process. James prides himself on presenting innovative, cost-effective and functional engineering solutions on projects.
James’ open and transparent communication style lends itself to him taking an active role in project management from engagement right through to delivery. This personable approach lets him work collaboratively with Planners, Architects, Project Managers and responsible authorities with ease.
James is an ARRB accredited Senior Road Safety Auditor and a Safe Systems Assessor.
James was elevated to Director in 2023 to recognise his contribution to onemilegrid.
Areas of Expertise
- Traffic, Transport and Parking Impact Assessments
- Growth-Area Transport Planning
- Road Safety Auditing
- Waste Management and Green Travel Plans
- Design, Operation and Analysis Of Automated Car Parking Systems
- Parking, Access, Road Network, and Road Design
- Intersection Analysis and Traffic Modelling
- Pedestrian, Cyclist and Sustainable Transport Design and Integration
- Kilmore, Beveridge, Traralgon South East, and Hawksburn Structure Plans
- St Vincents, Epworth Eastern, Box Hill, Maroondah, and Epworth East Melbourne Hospitals
- Taylors Hill and Caroline Springs South Local Area Traffic Management Studies
- Arcare Aged Care Facilities, Various
- Mason Point Precinct, South Morang
- Dundonnell Wind Farm